Sunday, February 20, 2011

State of the Campaign, Episode VI

[copied from my original Facebook Notes, circa April 2010]

The Hall of Remembered Ones

A lot has happened since the last update. The PCs fought several groups of terror birds. They encountered an elderly aranea named Lithira, who helped guide them on their way. A lizard wizard joined the group. A huge shambling mound killed Eloy. The group called on a hound archon to help kill the terror bird Nest Mother, easily annihilating the Mother and her guard birds. The group said their goodbyes to Oxylchotl and entered the Hall of Remembered Ones. The first guardians of the Hall (2 feline amber golems) ate the party up before they figured out a way to deactivate them. They were welcomed into the Hall by an animated lizardman statue. The party discovered a couple of traps and the actual Hall. Mythyria disappeared out of thin air. After fighting off an air elemental and some ogre intruders (including a brutish ogre barbarian), the PCs were rewarded with the Rod of Gozreh, whose powers are yet to be determined.

We also may have another new player to the group. As I’ve said before, I like larger groups. With the death of Eloy, the group does not have a hard hitting tank, which was readily apparent during the amber golem fight. The golems had DR/10 and nobody could really get past that.

On another note, I’m considering taking the campaign in a strange direction. One of my players has a fascination with desert-type adventures. I’ve been reading up on a short mini-campaign that would take place in a North-Africa-flavored setting. It is chock full of genies, strange cults, and beastmen. I love it so far. I’m about 25% of the way through the story, and I want to finish reading it before I send the PCs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment